A couple more taken today

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Here is my Pink Eburnum. It has its new leaves "burnt off" from the wind and cold combination the last two cold spells. Earlier this year it got nailed by a Bismarkia nobilis frond during a thunder storm with heavy winds during the Summer. I am glad that Crazy about Crotons (Ray) convinced me to get this in October 2009. A full season in the ground has helped this cultivar.

The next is Polychrome. It's pastel colors are starting to show up for me. It was kind of greenish for awhile. Great Shade croton that should be in everyone's garden in my opinion. :)

Attachments

• AAA Pink Eburnum.jpg
    AAA Pink Eburnum.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 144
  • AAA Polychrome.jpg
    AAA Polychrome.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 138
I won a Pink Eburnum at auction during the meeting at Phil's. Gorgeous plant! What has been your experience with growth rate?
Polychrome is on my wish list too!! How about some auction cuttings at the next meeting somebody?!

I won a Pink Eburnum at auction during the meeting at Phil's. Gorgeous plant! What has been your experience with growth rate?
Polychrome is on my wish list too!! How about some auction cuttings at the next meeting somebody?!

Bren,

If you remind me, I'll be more than happy to bring you a nice cutting.

I have a excellent venue in mind for an East Coast meeting in the late Spring. Lets get through this winter first. ;)

My intention is to have nice selections and quantities that we saw at the Glock's Holiday Social Auction. Plans are being formulated, stay tuned ... :rolleyes:

By the way, Judy Glock had a nice Pink Eburnum growing by the screened patio where we ate lunch last month.

Re: SPRING MEETING
Moose, Is the EXCELLENT VENUE you are working on MOOSELAND? From your postings, it is obvious, you have done an outstanding job building your Croton Collection in a relatively short period of time.

Negative - the venue in mind is vastly superior to mooseland. More on the level of the Glock's Estate. :rolleyes:

Where ever it may be, let's (you) get the ball rolling. Maybe this spring/early summer was what you had in mind? For those of us that are here in Florida, we need some spring weather soon. And a garden tour would set the stage! :)

My fellow crotonheads, did Mr. Searle just nudge the Moose ??? :rolleyes:

LOL :p

If the venue gets blasted by frost... I want to wait util the end of February to see if the worse is over before an announcement. :)

Real nice air layer is on the Pink Eburneum. Have not checked the roots yet. I am hoping that the rain will help crank up the root development in the air layer. :rolleyes:

Here is my Pink Eburnum. It has its new leaves "burnt off" from the wind and cold combination the last two cold spells. Earlier this year it got nailed by a Bismarkia nobilis frond during a thunder storm with heavy winds during the Summer. I am glad that Crazy about Crotons (Ray) convinced me to get this in October 2009. A full season in the ground has helped this cultivar.

The next is Polychrome. It's pastel colors are starting to show up for me. It was kind of greenish for awhile. Great Shade croton that should be in everyone's garden in my opinion. :)