Unknown

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
Something in my garden, but unknown to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 003.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 003.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 134
Jeff,
When you first posted this, I looked for our plant to compare leaves, color, etc. and couldn't find it. I found it today and I think it's a match. It's one we got from Jesse Durko and he called it a pink Davis.
Marie

Is this the one located by his south driveway, the exit one would normally use when leaving his property? I had two nice cuttings that were casualties fromf last (*&^%$#@!ing winter.

When Ralph Davis Hybridized his Crotons he thought names where silly, So he numbered them. Now somewhere along the line, Someone changed the orginal name or it was a UnNamed hybrid which he gave many to His Neighbor Richard K. Come on jeffery you know that :) Maybe Krukonis changed it who knows.

When Ralph Davis Hybridized his Crotons he thought names where silly, So he numbered them. Now somewhere along the line, Someone changed the orginal name or it was a UnNamed hybrid which he gave many to His Neighbor Richard K. Come on jeffery you know that :) Maybe Krukonis changed it who knows.

Know what? I have no idea where this plant originated from, and even if it was a Davis plant at all. Hell, I don't even remember where I got it from.

Myabe we got it from Krukonis place or Davis yard, Geez who knows. Ill have to look close at the photos taken that day.

I know for sure it came from neither yard. If it came from the property of Richard Krukonis, it would of been seperated from all other crotons in my collection and then planted out in my RK collection in the yard. Which it isn't. And as far as the Ralph Davis yard, I never got cuttings from his collection, that is straight out of his yard off of the original plants. By the time I came around with you, all the plants were ripped out, sold off, lopped off, butchered and went a hundred different directions. Which was a shame.

Jeff, I would tag it a "Pink Davis ?" as Marie has suggested. Better than unknown and the tag can always get changed if a more definitive ID is later made. It is easier for discussion purposes in my opinion. Just like me tagging those air layers "Grandma" until an ID comes along. :)

I just saw this plant at Jesse's nursery.It is looking spectacular with the new growth from the summer.Huge, pink and green leaves.Wow !!

Jeff,
Here are a couple of pictures of my Pink Davis.
Pink Davis 001.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Pink Davis 002.jpg
    Pink Davis 002.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 54
I'm bumping this topic to compare with the plant in discussion under the "Gots to Know" topic. I'm still not convinced if these plants are one in the same. My plant from the "Gots to Know" topic will be planted out soon, maybe very close to my Pink Davis plant, time will certainly tell. Their both very nice though.

hmmmmm ... :confused:

Photos from "gots to know" thread.

Attachments

• WTF - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF - Bullwinkle.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 84
  • WTF 2 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF 2 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 88
  • WTF 3 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF 3 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 98
  • WTF 4 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF 4 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 91
  • WTF 5 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF 5 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 88
  • WTF 6 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    WTF 6 - Bullwinkle.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 82
I have both plants Jeff,they are close but not the same,If you could see both mature plants side by side they look quite different.The Pink Davis has some red present in the mature leaves,this one has absolutely no red at all.Also the Pink Davis has a thicker more substantial mature leaf.

I'm bumping this topic to compare with the plant in discussion under the "Gots to Know" topic. I'm still not convinced if these plants are one in the same. My plant from the "Gots to Know" topic will be planted out soon, maybe very close to my Pink Davis plant, time will certainly tell. Their both very nice though.