Unknown from a Well Known Collector/Garden

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
This was collected in a garden many years ago, from one of the famous collectors who had a garden back 40-50 years ago. Any ideas on a name? I need help on this one.

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 015.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 015.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 104
Nice one :) Looks like just another UnNamed Hybrid, Jeffery as you know there are 1000's of UnNamed Crotons. Just a handful have a legit name, Just enjoy its beauty all Part of collecting my friend :) Its Close to Bonita but no cigar, I had one once in a 10gal. Was Part of my Bachmann collection

Jeff - it has been nearly 11 months since you posted your photo. How does the plant look today ? How would you rate it's growth ? Collected many years ago as you state in post #1, is it another slow cultivar ?

An updated photo would be nice. I do not recall you pointing this one out in our sauntering about your collection. :)

Jeff - it has been nearly 11 months since you posted your photo. How does the plant look today ? How would you rate it's growth ? Collected many years ago as you state in post #1, is it another slow cultivar ?

An updated photo would be nice. I do not recall you pointing this one out in our sauntering about your collection. :)

Ron,

No updated pictures but, when everyone comes over this saturday, we can take a peek. Just someone has to remind me. My brain will be on croton overload as you might imagine. It's showing very nice color, but frankly has not grown too much this past summer. Next spring I'm going to put my first airlayer on it and and then plant it in another spot in the garden. With hopes that it grows faster.