December Meeting at Glocks

I almost forgot, I have 3 nice Black Beauties in 1 gallons that I started from cuttings, that came from Moose Knuckle ( Ron ). I consider this to still be a pretty rare croton in our collections. If it wasn't for Ron finding this in his neighbor's yard, this variety might have been lost.

I really regret that we will not be able to make the trip after all. I can't wait to see pics, hear the IDs coming out & catch up with everyone come spring.

I am mad. Stuck at home missing the meeting for on call work for nothing.....

It is not my intention to torture you Scott but the auction did go on for two hours. That was how many plants were generously donated from everyone. The cultivars available was extensive with scores of unusual hard to finds. Many of which I have never seen before. The Glock's were incredible hosts.

I donated three different cold hardy palms for the auction that can handle last winters Tampa temps. They were snapped up rather quickly. I know Phil got one and Ray another. I told you to fake the flu! :rolleyes:

It is not my intention to torture you Scott but the auction did go on for two hours. That was how many plants were generously donated from everyone. The cultivars available was extensive with scores of unusual hard to finds. Many of which I have never seen before. The Glock's were incredible hosts.

I donated three different cold hardy palms for the auction that can handle last winters Tampa temps. They were snapped up rather quickly. I know Phil got one and Ray another. I told you to fake the flu! :rolleyes:

Rub it in Ron.

Attachments

• tmpphpSCko3m.jpg
    tmpphpSCko3m.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 131
How much did Madam Fernand Kohl and Charmer fetch?

Ray,

I believe the Madame Fernand Kohl went to a good home for either $70 or $75. That was one of my summer air layers and was proud to see it go.:) The Charmer, I can't remember.

I would also like to thank Judy and Jim for hosting such a nice event. Your garden rocks! We had a beautiful garden to enjoy, great food(thanks to those that brought something), a great turn out of members( and a few non members), and a good selection of plants. Oh, and the weather was perfect. And a special thanks to all that brought some plants and cuttings.

First pic....Bob Alonzo and Judy standing under a Corypha umbraculifera.

Second.....Myself, Bob, Judy and John Banta.

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 045.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 045.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 143
  • croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 047.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 047.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 144
Thanks as well Jim and Judy for a great time! I had to run off early due to an office Holiday party...but actually it was because all my pilfered Glock croton cuttings needed to be in water! Many thanks to Jim for being so nearsighted and Judy for being preoccupied! My collection just doubled!!! (all-I'm just joking!)
Great time!!

First picture of Bob, Mark and I looking at some of the crotons that had no known names on them. And trying to come up with something. I brought over 25 different crotons to see if anyone could put a name on them. They have been mysteries up until now. I went home with only two new names, The Clown and one other that I can't remember at the moment.

Second....Ray and I looking over the real Colonel Bob Bullock. Ray was so confussed with his guess, well you can see the looks on everyone's faces.:)

The last picture of a group shot, although many people had already left when this picture was taken.

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 052.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 052.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 129
  • croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 070.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 070.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 143
  • croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 088.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 088.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 149
We wanted to let everyone know that Judy and my e-mail addres is jglock1@comcast.net. An e-mail had been sent out with the incorrect address.

PS Judy has been working me like a dog! We have spread over 600 bags of mulch and 40 gallons of roundup. I can't tell you how many crotons that I have planted. I am running out of crotons to plant and daylight. I may have to plant Ray's crotons! .....I was going to auction them:)

"Mulch be my life!"

I am doing the Glock Mulching-mania thing this last week. The place where I get free mulch has some really good stuff for a change. 5 pick-up truck loads = about 500 bags. I got to shovel it myself, but I saved about $1000 and am recycling as well. Mostly Australian pine, Mahogeny, Avacado and some oak. I am putting it on real heavy to stop the weeds before the rain starts up in June.

Two more truck loads and I may be done! :rolleyes:

We wanted to let everyone know that Judy and my e-mail addres is jglock1@comcast.net. An e-mail had been sent out with the incorrect address.

PS Judy has been working me like a dog! We have spread over 600 bags of mulch and 40 gallons of roundup. I can't tell you how many crotons that I have planted. I am running out of crotons to plant and daylight. I may have to plant Ray's crotons! .....I was going to auction them:)

"Mulch be my life!"

If the rumors are true - Jim should be well into a current mulching project ... :rolleyes: