Not again

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
I hope this Winter is not like the last, but its looking like it maybe. :(

I think this will make the fourth year in a row where records are being broken around the world, northern and southern hemisphere, east and west, for record cold, record early snow, record amount of snow etc....
Montana just recently had record snows, Arizona just broke a bunch of records, Europe is getting hammered right now, lower South America got hammered this year, etc...
Makes one wonder what's going on.

I like how I got 3 inches of rain before the cold front hit. I think that helps hold in the heat AND it has been so dry East Central Florida, we really needed it. I hardly ever water my croton so they are pretty conditioned for drought which in turn helps in cold tolerance and rebound after a freeze. It can't get as worse as last winter (knock on wood).

I wrapped my screened room in plastic, bought a space heater and packed it with plants. They come out today for a few days but next week looks crappy too.

Bren, I think I will be doing the same this weekend. I have a 100+ Crotons in pots to get out of the cold. The weather guys are now talking about the "blocking Greenland high" again.:(

The omega block is already there Scott. The good thing is it's only early December and not early January. By the time late December and early January gets here, the block should be un-blocked...famous last words.

The majority of Florida's worst freezes have historically occurred in late fall or very early winter. The great freeze of 1962 occurred on December 12th and the 1983 and 1989 steamrollers were at Christmas time.

The majority of Florida's worst freezes have historically occurred in late fall or very early winter. The great freeze of 1962 occurred on December 12th and the 1983 and 1989 steamrollers were at Christmas time.

Can we just skip to March and forget Dec., Jan. and Feb. this year?