4 in a queue for IDs

Sergey

20/01/10
Hi :)
some old hybrids are waiting for getting IDs...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 127
#1 looks like it could either be Rudy Bachmann or William Craig - two totally different varieties but you've got a mixture of leaves.
#2 appears to be Yellow Petra
#3 might be Excellent, but yours has much better color than mine, so I can't be certain.
#4 looks like Andreanum

#1 looks like it could either be Rudy Bachmann or William Craig - two totally different varieties but you've got a mixture of leaves.
#2 appears to be Yellow Petra
#3 might be Excellent, but yours has much better color than mine, so I can't be certain. (President Reagan?) :confused:
#4 looks like Andreanum
:confused:

Sergey, I think these are all varieties that we dont have names for here! start naming your plants, and get some pieces to the USA ;)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! They are very helpful. For sure these crotons are from the USA. If you still need them back I will be glad to return them to their motherland:) (In exchange for Tzar Alexander as an option:))

#1 has very large leaves, even a young plant has leaves up to 45cm long. I bought it in Bangkok several years ago together with other well-known hybrids such as Mona Lisa, Stoplight, Johanna Coppinger. I didn’t bother to remember its name, as I thought that it should be a widespread hybrid and I could easily find out its id. Still searching…

As for the others I’ve got them from the greenhouses of Moscow botanical garden about 8 eight years ago. They seemed to have been grown there for ages, the staff didn’t even remember their names.

#2 looks indeed very much like Mons Florin. But I can only compare with pictures in Frank Brown’s Book. For me it looks exactly like General Lawrence p75 (upper left) or Mons Florin (according to “Unofficial correction list to Frank Brown’s Book”)

#3 Most likely it is Charles Rutherford. I think it is the same hybrid as in Ron’s post 5 http://www.palmpedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=895

It becomes more oak-shaped when grows older.

#4 It has slightly curled leaves. Can it be “Thomas Edison”? At least leaves’ shape is the same as Thomas Edison’s (p115 UR) but the color is different and with more spots. Maybe such colors are caused by growing conditions? Could anyone post a picture of Thomas Edison for me to compare?