Crotonhead Gals - Attention!

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
This weekend I attended a very nice Holiday Party with many Crotonheads in attendance. Several Crotonhead gals thanked me for all the pictures that I have posted on this forum and how much they have enjoyed them.

That got me to thinking that most posts here are by Crotonhead Dudes. Come on ladies, many of you have exceptional collections and very unique cultivars that you should be sharing here. Stop being voyuers and participate here. You have much to offer!

Best wishes to all during our holiday season! ;)

Junglegalfla, Marie Nock and Irene Kingsley are the ladies doing most of the posting. :)

Come on you other ladies, would love to see you more active with posting! :cool:

I think all the ladies are busy with their veggies, butterfly plants and roses :rolleyes: I always like working with guys better anyway, I guess gardening shouldn't be any different. :p

Hello. I've been lurking for a few weeks since Junglegal told me about this forum and have now joined. Some of you might know me from GW.
Ricky has given me many crotons over the years and I've bought many on my own. I am bad though, since I don't know the names of most of them. I have dreadlocks trained as a standards that are 4ft tall on either side of my front door with bromeliads underneath. I love the weeping affect.

Thanks for the welcome. I know I'll get a lot of useful information here about crotons. I have a hard time seeing the subtle differences sometimes. But I just love the colors and the easy care that they seem to be. And I have been adding more to my garden all the time.

Thanks for the welcome. I know I'll get a lot of useful information here about crotons. I have a hard time seeing the subtle differences sometimes. But I just love the colors and the easy care that they seem to be. And I have been adding more to my garden all the time.

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the forum. Don't feel bad about having a hard time trying to put a name with a plant. It happens to all of us!:) But the more you talk with others and plant a few in your garden, you'll learn more and more.

Are you here in south Florida? And hopefully you can join some of us when the society has croton tours at private and public gardens.

Hi Jeff, yes I am PSL and have been to Ricky's many times for GW swaps. I have at least 30 crotons, but some maybe the same ones. Ricky gave me many to start off with and others I bought myself. :eek:) But I think he was the one that taught me to really love them.

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - I know you are out there watching. :) Why do you let the guys do most of the posting? This forum is for everybody, lets see some posts from ya! :eek:

Bren, I put my plants on a every 2 week feeding of Miracid this year and have not had the leaf drop (so far) that I had last winter.