Saturday's meeting?

Sunken Garden is nice if you have never been there or if you are a member of another botanical garden and can get in for free under reciprocal membership agreements. Palm nuts would do better for free at the Kopsick Palm Arboretum - about 200 species of palms and another 60+ species of cycads. Both are about a ten minute drive from here.

Sunken Gardens and Kopsick are within 5 min from each other. From Sunken Gardens, it's an almost straight shot away through our scenic Old NE neighborhood. For you out of towners, both are do-able within a couple hours or less.
They are also within 5 min from getting back on the interstate back home too.

As Rob said, Andrea and I along with Rob will be heading up and then carpool with Jim and Judy.

Phil, I really look forward to seeing your garden. From your pictures, it looks like were in for a real treat as first timers.

Unfortunately, I won't be there. For those of you who don't already know, Karen, my wife, has been diagnosed with cancer. She's going into Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami on Friday at 9am to begin an aggressive immuno- chemotherapy regimen and I will be with her for the 5 to 7 days she'll be there.

As far as our garden tour in October, it's still on. Should anything change, I'll let everyone know at least a week before.

For those of you who pray, please send a few good words our way, every little bit helps.

Unfortunately, I won't be there. For those of you who don't already know, Karen, my wife, has been diagnosed with cancer. She's going into Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami on Friday at 9am to begin an aggressive immuno- chemotherapy regimen and I will be with her for the 5 to 7 days she'll be there.

As far as our garden tour in October, it's still on. Should anything change, I'll let everyone know at least a week before.

For those of you who pray, please send a few good words our way, every little bit helps.

Andrea had a long talk with Ricky a couple of nights ago regarding Karen's health and future on the phone.

Ricky, you have many friends here that care. We will miss you this weekend, but certainly understand. Your #1 priority is Karen. Your in our thoughts and prayers, and just as Andrea told you, if there's anything you need or something to talk about, please give us a call.

Jeff

Jeff - send me an email so I can put you guys into the update loop on Karen's progress - rickyg at fawnridge dot com

Thanks for your prayers, every little bit helps!