Meeting at Glock's House

Well the Glock's did not take the bait! Heh Jim & Judy, why don't you at least post some photos of your wonderful cultivars you guys got going. Would love to see your croton bling! :cool:

Well the Glock's did not take the bait! Heh Jim & Judy, why don't you at least post some photos of your wonderful cultivars you guys got going. Would love to see your croton bling! :cool:

I agree!!!!!! I was just down there for the Forth of July weekend and like every other trip there, their crotons are just amazing. And yes, we need some pictures! I actually took some, but it's always better when the owner shows us.

Andrea and I recently spent a long weekend down at Judy and Jim's house in the Florida Keys. What an amazing collection of beautifully grown crotons they have on their property. It's a small yard that is packed with around 150 varieties of crotons as well as a few choice palms. I'll post a few pic's of the yard over the next several days. Enjoy!

1....The first is looking up one of their driveways with the closest being Ethel Craig and the large red and black leaves belonging to William Craig.

2....Three varieties here, from left to right, Norman Rockwell,Norma and Carot.

Jeff

Attachments

• P1010850.jpg
    P1010850.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 144
  • P1010854.jpg
    P1010854.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 141
:) thanks for the teaser Jeff! Can't wait to get some of these in the wiki.

What is the secret with the soil? I'm assuming they are on FL limestone, do they amend when they plant?

I'm guessing that the Pink Eburneum is at least 50 years old based on its size. Mine's been in the ground for 3 years from a one-gallon can and it can't be more than 8" tall. That one is a beauty!

The pink eburneum has only been in the ground since after huricane Wilma in 2005. We have to airlayer about three feet of this every six months to keep it under control. We only have about 1" of top soil. We chop a hole in the coral to plant our crotons. We spray with an acid water soluable fertilizer about once a month. And we have a drip system on all plants. I will trade anyone here for your mites and scales for our iguanas.

The pink eburneum has only been in the ground since after huricane Wilma in 2005. We have to airlayer about three feet of this every six months to keep it under control. We only have about 1" of top soil. We chop a hole in the coral to plant our crotons. We spray with an acid water soluable fertilizer about once a month. And we have a drip system on all plants. I will trade anyone here for your mites and scales for our iguanas.

:eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• Iguanas 4.jpg
    Iguanas 4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 116
  • iguanas 2.jpg
    iguanas 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 145
  • iguanas 3.jpg
    iguanas 3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 126
  • iguanas.jpg