A Clueless Moose ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Saw this at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden growing under a tree along a path under some pretty heavy shade.

No idea as to what cultivar it is. Tag read Cordieaum sp. :rolleyes:

A clueless Moose :confused:

Attachments

• What.jpg
    What.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 154
  • What 2.jpg
    What 2.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 172
  • What 3.jpg
    What 3.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 177
That is a really nice looking Croton. I have no idea of the name, but if anyone has one for sale I will buy it.:)

Yellow Interruptum!! That's a great plant but impossible to root from cuttings. I've never tried an air layer but it would be a worthwhile effort.

But Ray....where's the interruptum? I know my eyes are not very good, but I don't see it in either of Ron's pictures. Rob and I put some air layers on a very similar looking plant, that had a definite interruptum at each end of the leaf. But this, appears to be nothing more than a stright leaf. I will be cutting them off in another week or so.

The Moose Be Clueless No More!
I too, saw that Croton at Fairchild and knew I "needed" to have one. After inquiring around, I was able to located the dealer/collector that had it. Of course, I learned the name of it. Moose, if you guess the name, I will also be glad to tell you where I bought it.
The Clue is...
It is named after a children's storybook character.
Don't anybody tell him; Cause, you all know, The Moose likes to play games. :D

Moose: No, it is not Rapunzel. However, that is a very good guess. Did someone help you? The next try, you will probably have it!

Borgy got it! The name is Goldilocks.
Note to Crazy for Crotons... Goldilocks can be propagated from cuttings. You might care to try again with the one you have. Let us know how you make out.

The Moose Be Clueless No More!
I too, saw that Croton at Fairchild and knew I "needed" to have one. After inquiring around, I was able to located the dealer/collector that had it. Of course, I learned the name of it. Moose, if you guess the name, I will also be glad to tell you where I bought it.
The Clue is...
It is named after a children's storybook character.
Don't anybody tell him; Cause, you all know, The Moose likes to play games. :D

The name of the dealer / collector?