You're Invited

Marie Nock

04/07/09
Color Your Garden with Crotons

The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society presents Jeff Searle who will speak on Color Your Garden with Crotons, Monday, January 25, 7:30 p.m. The meeting will take place at Fairchild Tropical Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, Florida in the Corbin Building.

Mr. Searle will describe the broad array of crotons that exist and how they can make an impact on your garden in South Florida. His talk will include examples of different croton varieties and leaf forms, advice on growing crotons and dealing with their few pests, placement ideas, propagation tips and a bit of their history in Florida.
Jeff Searle is a partner in Searle Brothers Nursery in Southwest Ranches in Broward County. He is a tropical plant expert specializing in crotons and palms and is known for his Rainforest Collection which he has traveled the world to assemble.
There is no admission fee and the public is invited to attend this presentation. There will be plants for raffle and crotons for purchase. For more information, please visit www.tfeps.org or call (305) 232-2257.

# # #

I'm trying to talk Jeff into letting someone record his presentation so I can put it up for viewing here, for those who can't attend. If he has photos, I can do it the same as I have with other slideshow presentations.

All in favor, say "Aye"

I'm trying to talk Jeff into letting someone record his presentation so I can put it up for viewing here, for those who can't attend. If he has photos, I can do it the same as I have with other slideshow presentations.

All in favor, say "Aye"

Hey Dean,

You don't have to convince me, I just haven't thought about at all, due to all the extreame cold weather we've been experiencing of lately. I don't own a recorder, and I still haven't mentioned this talk to Ryan yet. He probably will go down with me and at least take some pictures. But I'll mention it and see if he has something.

Jeff,

I know it's a little bit of a chore. But I thought if you already had photos you were going to show along with your talk, all we would need to do is find someone willing to put a voice recorder in your pocket and a small mic on your lapel. I could do the rest.

Does anyone here that plans on attending have one of those small voice recorders that Jeff could use?

Color Your Garden with Crotons

The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society presents Jeff Searle who will speak on Color Your Garden with Crotons, Monday, January 25, 7:30 p.m. The meeting will take place at Fairchild Tropical Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, Florida in the Corbin Building.

Mr. Searle will describe the broad array of crotons that exist and how they can make an impact on your garden in South Florida. His talk will include examples of different croton varieties and leaf forms, advice on growing crotons and dealing with their few pests, placement ideas, propagation tips and a bit of their history in Florida.
Jeff Searle is a partner in Searle Brothers Nursery in Southwest Ranches in Broward County. He is a tropical plant expert specializing in crotons and palms and is known for his Rainforest Collection which he has traveled the world to assemble.
There is no admission fee and the public is invited to attend this presentation. There will be plants for raffle and crotons for purchase. For more information, please visit www.tfeps.org or call (305) 232-2257.

# # #

Who is Jeff Searle??? :p

Thanks Marie !!! :)

Jeff made an outstanding presentation that was well very received. Great question and answer session followed where cold damage and remedies were addressed. ;)

This meeting was very well attended. You missed out if you were not there! :(

Keep your head up crotonheads, spring is on its way!

As our friend Phil would say: "onward through the fog".

Ron.