Its that time

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Wanted to show it before the cold air gets it. Flowers Dec & Jan just in time for the cold air.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 217
I really enjoy fragrant plants, and grew Brunfelsia “Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” bushes back when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some Brunfelsia varieties require a more tropical climate, so check out your local area nurseries to find / get advice about which of the 40 or so varieties are best suited for your climate. There are tempting less-common Brunfelsia varieties that require a more tropical climate, but the ones I bought online mail-order to try growing in northern California did not grow well for me.

I now live in seasonally dry Kona where my small Brunfelsia bushes require recurring irrigation – if left too long without water I find they quickly drop their leaves and must be watered to bring them back to health. Those who live in drier areas on the mainland will likely need to provide irrigation.

Be sure to plant your Brunfelsia bushes near a window so you can enjoy their fragrance.

Here is a Wikipedia link for brief info on Brunfelsias:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunfelsia

I did not cover during the cold this year. If it returns its ok, if not its ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 216