My Garden In Temecula, Ca

Good job so far Matt. I can't wait to see the growth from year to year. It looks like a beautiful location. I used to drive through Temecula as a very young kid, when there was a gas station and a great Italian Restaurant, and that was about it.

I'll be watching. Let me know if you need any help.

Good job so far Matt. I can't wait to see the growth from year to year. It looks like a beautiful location. I used to drive through Temecula as a very young kid, when there was a gas station and a great Italian Restaurant, and that was about it.

I'll be watching. Let me know if you need any help.

Thank you Dean, I've been wanting to do my own page for a long time. I'm looking forward to it progressing.

Matt

Very cool Matt. Wish I had that much room. Like the growth comparison photos alot.

Thank you Shon. I need to get out and take a few more growth pics. You should do a page on your place. It's pretty easy.

Matt

Matt,

I'm curious as to why you created a field of P. canariensis......given your location, why didn'y you choose P. dactylifera and someday harvest dates? The field looks big enough for a sizeable harvest.

Thanks,

John

Matt,

That's one hell of a spread you have. You have so much room, and I know that you probably think you'll never get most of it planted, but you will!

I love the part when you said, that you just stare at your plants at times. I still do to this day and my yard is now over 8 years old. Also, I never get bored at driving through the shadehouses and looking at the same palms over and over again at the nursery.

The only thing I can add is, keep putting plants in the ground, no matter if their smaller than you had hoped for. Things will grow. Because you'll be amazed at how fast time goes by. Life is very short. But you seemed to have a good eye, your beds look really nice. One last thing, make lots of walking trails and sitting areas. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Nice job Matt. Your islands look great.

Hey, what ever happened to that palm you dug I gave you?

Matt,

I'm curious as to why you created a field of P. canariensis......given your location, why didn'y you choose P. dactylifera and someday harvest dates? The field looks big enough for a sizeable harvest.

Thanks,

John

I got a great deal on them. I actually wish I had now, with all the Fusarium problems with canariensis.

Matt

Matt,

That's one hell of a spread you have. You have so much room, and I know that you probably think you'll never get most of it planted, but you will!

I love the part when you said, that you just stare at your plants at times. I still do to this day and my yard is now over 8 years old. Also, I never get bored at driving through the shadehouses and looking at the same palms over and over again at the nursery.

The only thing I can add is, keep putting plants in the ground, no matter if their smaller than you had hoped for. Things will grow. Because you'll be amazed at how fast time goes by. Life is very short. But you seemed to have a good eye, your beds look really nice. One last thing, make lots of walking trails and sitting areas. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Thanks for the advice Jeff, I appreciate it. It's good to hear I'm not the only one gazing at my plants all the time. My neighbors probably think I'm nutty. I just started cutting a lot of foot trails and steps into the terrain. Sitting areas are also in the plans.

Matt

Nice job Matt. Your islands look great.

Hey, what ever happened to that palm you dug I gave you?

Thanks Len, It's doing great, I just have not got around to posting pics of that area yet. I'm sitting in Amsterdam right now waiting to come home and I wanted an updated pic of that area to post.

Aloha Matt – I’m a fairly new member of PalmPedia, and just checked out your “My Garden In Temecula, Ca”. You have created a great looking palm garden – I think your background audio is Aboriginal music using the didgeridoo?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the compliments and yes you are right it is a didgeridoo. I really dig the sound they make, very unique.

Take care,

Matt