Colonel Lindbergh

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
I really like this croton, it's still somewhat small, but the colors are starting to really stand out. What do you all think? And sorry for the sun's glare on the leaves.

Attachments

• PA120557.jpg
    PA120557.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 140
  • PA120558.jpg
    PA120558.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 168
I really like this croton, it's still somewhat small, but the colors are starting to really stand out. What do you all think? And sorry for the sun's glare on the leaves.

When I saw it on the Croton Society's Calendar (Nov. 2009) I thought it was a winner. Jeff what is its growth rate? Does it like shade? I think the flushes of orange coloration on this cultivar is special. :cool:

Ron,

At best, it's growth rate would be moderate I would say. It's growing under some small oak trees, so I would consider it strong filter light. I have some other plants still in containers, but the color pattern on this one plant is exceptional compare to the others.

We'll see how this one does a bit further north in St. Pete since I bought one at your sale. It should be a winner as long as we do not get whacked by a freeze.

Jeff - it has been 18 months since you posted your photo of Colonel Lindbergh. Could we get an update on this hard to find cultivar. Since Phil's has apparently survived much worse cold conditions, I assume yours to have gained a little weight since then. :rolleyes:

Well, he's looking really nice, I must say. But, loosing those cuttings last summer really set me back. I'm going to try hard to get a couple of cuttings this summer to root, so we'll see.