Croton ID discussion tomorrow

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Ricky has set aside some croton ID discussion time tomorrow. Here are some of the confusing plants that can be discussed.

Daisy O vs. William Craig
America vs. Dreer #7 vs. Rapture
Lord Belhaven vs. Major Dade
Dr. Lin Yu Tang vs. Christmas

Brother Moose - This is serious business. The country, perhaps the world looks to us as the experts in Croton identification. We must establish correct names for these plants lest some outsider come in and challenge that expertise. Level heads will be the order of the day until lunchtime.

Brother Moose - This is serious business. The country, perhaps the world looks to us as the experts in Croton identification. We must establish correct names for these plants lest some outsider come in and challenge that expertise. Level heads will be the order of the day until lunchtime.

Seems pretty serious to me if you get shot for getting one wrong! :eek:

:p

I'm really looking forward to some good ole croton discussions tomorrow. At the end of the day, if we all can agree on one variety from another that we are confussed about, then it's all worth it. The only thing is...we need both plants present that are in question to be able to look at.

For example,will we have a Daisy Ortega and a William Craig on hand to look at? I have a feeling that with all crotons planted at Ricky's house and lots of crotons brought in for the auction, we should have a very productive day. Especially after the cork is popped.:)

Sounds like everyone is going to have a fabulous time. Great food, great plants for auction, great garden and being able to hang out with fellow crotonheads. :cool:

Perhaps for entertainment you can watch Ray shoot the moose. :p

Ron. :rolleyes: