Major Dade vs. Lord Belhaven revisited

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Once again, Keith set me straight on this one. I know some of you will vehemently disagree. Let the debate begin.

Lord Belhaven
IMG_1365.jpg

Major Dade
IMG_1382.jpg

Ray,

Thanks for the two VERY good pictures.

Ron......were going to have tie you down on saturday and force you to look at croton leaves, well along with eating all the good pulled pork and famous Boca baked beans. I'm bringing a bag with me, usually for cuttings, but in this case it might be for left overs!

Ray,

Thanks for the two VERY good pictures.

Ron......were going to have tie you down on saturday and force you to look at croton leaves, well along with eating all the good pulled pork and famous Boca baked beans. I'm bringing a bag with me, usually for cuttings, but in this case it might be for left overs!

I do not believe this was addressed at the meeting Saturday. If samples of these cultivars were brought to the Dec. meeting at Phil's perhaps the confusion could get resolved?? :rolleyes:

Now that I have both, Major Dade has more blotching and a not so distinct main vein as the Lord Bellhaven. I don't believe I have seen a John Soar. At the previous sales at Jeff's they were snapped up before I could even see one. :(

Jeff - are you bringing a John Soar to the Holiday Social at the Glock's ? :)