Marcus Garden Tour

Thanks for watching our tour of Jeff and Suchin's garden. We hope you enjoyed and learned a few things. Feel free to ask us any questions, or to provide us with any feedback or suggestions here. Parts 3-5 should be up in a week or two. Jeff and I are over two hours apart, so its just a logistic thing of when we can get back together for a few hours. The photos are already taken.

In addition, I will be doing one of the 3D Virtual Panoramas soon of the entire garden. This will complete the experience, and give the viewer a real feel of being in the garden - something that "flat" photos will never do.

Excellent!!! I just figured out what an unknown palm is that is growing at HTBG. It's Hydrastele rheophytica and appears in part II at about 14:00 left on the timer. I've emailed Sean Callahan, Horticulturalist & Garden Manager @ HTBG to give him the I.D. on his unknown plant. I've attached a couple of pics of the plant from HTBG for reference. He got it from Marcus as D. rivularis which it obviously isn't. But the water lover aspect is right on. I love closing loose ends.

Attachments

• Hawaii II - 331.jpg
    Hawaii II - 331.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Hawaii II - 332.jpg
    Hawaii II - 332.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 241
Good Job Matty,

I hope you told Sean about Palmpedia. One of these days, when I get more Palmoramas under my belt, I was going to see if they would like a Palmorama of their place. It would make an excellent subject.

I met Sean once on my first exploratory trip over here about 7 years ago. He was a friendly helpful guy, so it's good to know he is still there. Time sure does fly when having fun.

I just wanted to say thanks to you and the Marcus' for taking the time and effort to put such an awesome piece together. I bought a ton of palms from Jeff some 7-8 years ago and am now enjoying watching them grow in the yard. Great stuff. Thanks

Good Job Matty,

I hope you told Sean about Palmpedia. One of these days, when I get more Palmoramas under my belt, I was going to see if they would like a Palmorama of their place. It would make an excellent subject.

I met Sean once on my first exploratory trip over here about 7 years ago. He was a friendly helpful guy, so it's good to know he is still there. Time sure does fly when having fun.

DeanO,
I sent him the link to Palmpedia and the garden tour in my email so he could check it out for himself.

Hi Dean
What an amazing slide show!! thanks for all the effort you and Jeff put into it. I cant wait for the next installments.